Wednesday, February 21, 2007

"I'm looking for a woman who can make me think, make me laugh and make me come."

In the article The 80 per cent relationship, Sam de Brito discusses whether or not settling for an 80% relationship is cause for the carnage of divorce and in true crispy style uses a quotation to justify his position from none other than Meatloaf and his "two out of three ain't bad" philosophy. A funny take on the hunt for the perfect relationship.

My thoughts on the causes of divorce (I've done it a couple of times now) ... working too hard, making love too little and having nothing else in your life than a mortgage, pursuit of middle-class wealth, three hours of TV a night ... and the "Good Weekend" on Saturday mornings.

If you can't be happy together when you have nothing, what makes you think you will be happy together when you have all you thought you wanted?

I want a man who will be just as happy eating a Vegemite sandwich under a tree as he is fine dining in Paris... I may just have found him.

3 comments:

Brad Whittington said...

Yo, Raven, I came across your blog via the PK forums. Looks interesting, I'm adding it to my reader queue. As a fellow PK, I'd be interested in your take on my PK novels. (See exerpts at www.fredtexas.com.) My blogs are about eating and stupid internet tricks, so they don't really advance a worldview, per se, other than the love of good food and weird internet stuff.

Anonymous said...

Have a baby. That fixes EVERYTHING. LOL.

Seriously - I wonder what percentage of babies are conceived to (attempt) to save a relationship?

Glenn said...

"We don't have a divorce problem, we have a marriage problem."

I got that from the internet, but it holds much truth IMHO...