Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Wayside Chapel 'get it'!!

Please take the time to listen to this interview with The Wayside Chapel's Pastor Graham Long with Mark Trevorrow on the ABC last week on the conversation hour.

I met Graham when I was 18. He is the only minister I have met that I thought was fair, balanced and real. His work with the people on the streets is and example for all of us because he does not consider these people clients, but friends. He does not try to fix people but meet them. In the end the greatest ailment we all have is loneliness. It isn't exclusive to economic range, family background, gender, etc. In a lonely world Graham Long and his team at the Wayside Chapel meet 300 people a day. They ask for practical help. Visit their website to join their newsletter and find out how you can help ... right now they need socks and jocks!!!

Which brings me to the other side of the Pacific where my love lives. God I miss him.


Tom Stone has a showing at Studio 333 (333A Caledonia Street | Sausalito) through June and July. We should not be oblivious of the homeless, we should see them or as Graham Long says, meet them.

Tom photographs the people on the fringe. Check out his work here.

No comments: