Tuesday, May 1, 2007

When all your worlds collide

You know what I mean ... When you are busy getting on with your new job, relationship, in a new state, country whatever and you walk straight into someone who reminds you that you used to have a really bad perm back in the 80's, except that bad perm was actually a bad relationship, a career as an exotic dancer or the fact that you were the high school goodie two shoes jesus crispy. What is the appropriate course of action? Do you ignore the person? If they say something to you do you go into denial ... "I think you have me confused with someone else?"

I was given some good advice for when your past catches up with you ... "always be prepared to answer any question with Yes, but it's not what I'm doing now. I am ..."

The fact is that the world is getting smaller and the degrees of separation are closing in. It's not all about personal heartache and trivial misdemeanors ... we are also much closer to global tragedy Farmer Ted has a great perspective on this. Have a read.

No comments: