Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Crackberry insanity

For all the technology we have, it can leave us undone. So reliant on that mobile phone, internet connection, and immediate communication that god forbid all of the above fails and you end up with a relationship meltdown or a business crisis.

I left my phone charger in a hotel. Which would be fine if I had bought yet another nokia .... however my blackberry is rather precious, and like many addicts of technology, curse the day the damn thing ever entered my life. Like now.

So now, I defer to my least favorite means of communication ... skype. But the people I know aren't dragging their laptops around close to their ear, all a girl can do is leave a message. Leave a message ... like in the old days. I even called a friend at a hotel and they said they'd slip a message under the door! What is with that?

So short of sending smoke signals ... which is probably illegal everywhere by now, I am left to wait by the phone. Or not, seeing it is out of battery and has no chance of reviving itself until tomorrow when I go and buy yet another charger. Rah!

1 comment:

Andrew Boyd said...

Hi,

I have a Nokia - but it's an e61 BlackBerry-clone, and has a wierd charger too, doh :)

Those things can take over your life.

Cheers, Andrew