Friday, August 3, 2007

Divine Interventions ... Adults Only

Writing this blog, I am often sent random items from readers and friends well intentioned re: my subject matter. A friend of mine, with beautiful red hair sent me this item. At first I thought ... rah, I can't put THAT on my site ... but hey, who said crispie was easily digested. I decided not to censor myself and well ... dodge the lightening bolts. If you are even slightly religious, give this one a miss ... you may just lose your lunch.

Divine interventions make adult toys shaped as, how can I put this ... religious icons. Not quite the trinity, but Jesus, The Devil and even Judas is there in 'good measure'. Either Catholic school has a lot to answer for or this has to be a bad case of Preacher's Kid rage. More guts than I. Proceed with caution, this one even tops Jesus Dress Up.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to know what you think of it! Coincidentally, I passed that exact link on to a friend of mine last night. Though I don't think I'd make a purchase, I do think the subject matter is quite um... provocative. The buddha butt plug was especially interesting.

raven said...

What do I think of it ...??? Well, I wouldn't do it, but then there are many others that wouldn't put jesus on a box of breakfast cereal either. I do think it brings to light in an unmissable way that most people like to keep their sex life and their religious lives separate, excluding the odd "oh god" during the throws of passion.

Anonymous said...

See, and for me, I view the sexual and spiritual very closely, as it's an act that in a sense brings us very close to the creator as the end product of that act is/can be (for those of use without fertility troubles) procreation. One could extrapolate the spiritual connection to those toys in that vein (excuse the pun); however, I do not think that is the manufacturer's objective. I think perhaps shock and irreverence are more their end result.

:) Yep, I was curious what you thought of it, considering your upbringing and sensibilities as they are published on your blog. I couldn't decipher if you were amused or shocked by the existence of these toys.

raven said...

Maven,

Notice that I used the word "religious" and you used the word "spiritual" ... there is a huge difference. I believe in God. I embrace spirituality. I believe that religion has much to answer for in terms of the corruption of sexuality.

The true meeting of two people is in itself a spiritual union. When all of the walls come down and there is a moment of truth that resonates. Recognition.