Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Life For Rent

Dido sang a beautiful song some years ago now. Life for rent, it has always been my song. I don't own much but I own more suitcases than anyone else I know.

I am free and living simply. Gone are the penthouse apartments, the spa retreat holidays, gone are the high earnings and prestige and what remains ... "if my life is for rent, and I don't learn to buy, I deserve nothing more than I get, because nothing I have is truly mine."

I am still scrubbing my apartment. It may take years to get it all clean. Grime, OK ... I get it. Insect crap ... I get it. Pubic hair ... ick!!! I didn't even think people had pubic hair in 2007. Wax, shave, clip, laser ... do something.

My best girlfriend helped me in my cleaning efforts. She, being the martyr, picked all the worst jobs, like the shower, the toilet and the kitchen. Leaving me to scrub walls, skirting boards and cupboards.

Thank you sweetheart for all your help.

No comments: