Saturday, June 23, 2007

Selling out the wind

We settle, we sell out everyday. We marry the guy that provides, even though his love and affection fall short. We take the job that pays well but compromises our values. We sit in a pew and abdicate responsibility for our choices and actions because it is easier to listen to someone else tell us what to do than to think, act and carry the consequences of our own actions.

My relationships have been hard, hurtful and disappointing and when none of the above, out of reach.

Much of the pain is that I am the girl that runs on the wind. A spirit free and wanting everything that there is and more … I used to be wide eyed and full of wonder, these days I am sad and lost and haunted by inaction. Giving up and giving over to ‘normal’ life, I often find myself surrendering to the clipping of my wings and the confines of the gilded cage.

While I believe in the choice of happiness, this society celebrates conformity and for those of us that refuse to fall in line, the price is loss that only your heart and soul can measure. What needs to happen? Face what you can't hide!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Raven,

moving post. Astrologically it is supposed to be the Air signs that have this need to be free of convention, but I am a Taurus too and I feel pretty much the same way as you about relationships past and the pressure to conform.

Please write more.

Best regards, Andrew

Lumpfish said...

Yes indeed. A very moving post. Lyrical no less.