Friday, July 27, 2007

How to eat

There was a chef I loved once.

He taught me to eat. You may scoff at such a necessity, but he truly did.

My parents had sent me to finishing school to learn how to use a knife, fork and place a napkin on my lap.

My chef taught me to taste; to experience food; to close my eyes and just eat without prejudice.

Many people enjoy some of the finest restaurants, but no matter where they are they always order the steak, or the fish, or the chicken.

There is nothing wrong with your choice. Part of being present in the moment is being willing to try new things, new tastes, new experiences. The discovery of Epicurean delights is a taurian paradise.

I am not suggesting that you become Anthony Bourdain.

But I do recommend that if you are ever in Perth ... drop in at Harvest Restaurant, Freemantle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I [heart] Bourdain, but even he has limits as to what he likes, but he will try just about everything. There is another guy on t.v. here in the states who eats just outlandish things... it makes me ill.