Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I wish I had the luxury you do ...

I am often chided for having the "luxury of time" that others don't. The luxury of having the mid day snooze, the luxury of
having grocery shopping time, the luxury ... of well, everything that REAL working folks don't have.

I am afforded the luxuries of freelancing ... because I DON'T GET PAID each and every week. Get over it. You get to go to the hardware store on weekends and fantasise about your renovation. I get to count my twenty cent pieces and prepare them for banking on Monday.

The myth of freelancing is that it is fun. IT IS FUN. When you get paid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Therein is the conundrum: to have the time to run the errands yet not have the money to pay for the things you need, vs having the money yet not having the time to buy what you need.