Monday, April 23, 2007

God Hates Fags - The Real Christians Speak

I watched this video on youtube and I got so frustrated. The website of this woman's church is godhatesfags.com... seriously!!

[note to my friends: unless you have time to burn and love theological arguments, you may want to skip this one!]



If you haven't read the words of The Christ you have no business reading the words of Paul or the Old Testament. Christ demonstrated compassion and tolerance. His message was of faith and not of law.

As a preacher's kid, in my late teens, many of my friends were gay. My father had been a hardliner from his conversion ... for him God had been a life and death decision. It is the issue that divided us. So many Doctors play god with a child's sexuality when they are born ... so many of us are born imperfect. Deviant behaviour is deviant behaviour whether your are gay or heterosexual, it isn't exclusive to homosexuals. It is not unusual to hear "when did you decide to be gay" ... like you would choose to make your life so difficult??!! When did you decide to be heterosexual??

My fear for Shirley Phelps-Roper, is that she stands in judgement over others.

No comments: