Friday, April 27, 2007

Breaking up online

Now that I have calmed down from the emotion that fuelled the last post. I was most amused by Melissa Gira's post on Sexerati.com about breaking up and changing your relationship status online. I was most pleased by the notion of letting your no longer significant other know that they were now no more significant than that 'crapunknownband' #5 as demonstrated by the priority on myspace. Relationship status is tricky at the best of times.

My soon to be ex-husband commented on the fact that I was calling my boyfriend, my boyfriend and perhaps that it was a little too strong a term seeing that we don't even live in the same country. While I appreciate his concern ... I don't know anymore. Relationships suck. No one knows what the rules are anymore.

Declaring status online ... pointless unless you care to share the story and the lessons ... I have lived through a few highs and lows with Heather online and have often been appreciative that she bothered to share.

No comments: