Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Little Wing ... My Jemfest Australia Highlight

OK so I know that my music obsession has little to do with jesus crispies. But if you have a problem with my content ... get your own blog.

The highlight of my evening at Jemfest, (and this is by no means a review) was Rob Balducci and Jeremy Barnes performing "Little Wing", my all time favorite song. It was pure joy.

I have loved this Jimi Hendrix classic since I was old enough to buy my own music. Can there be anything better for a girl than "butterflies, zebras and moonbeams and fairy tales."

It is the song I have sung my daughter to sleep with. It is the essence of the free spirit... the "circus mind, that's running wild" ... "riding with the wind"

Hang it, here are the lyrics:

"Little Wing"

Well, she's walking through the clouds
with a circus mind
that's running wild
Butterflies and zebras and moonbeams
and fairy tales

That's all she ever thinks about...

Riding with the wind

When I'm sad she comes to me
with a thousand smiles
she gives to me free

It's alright, she says,
it's alright
Take anything you want from me,
anything

Fly on, little wing

It is a melody that transports me into all things nostalgic and progresses the future hopes and dreams. It reminds me to be true to me. Without regret.

No comments: