Sunday, April 22, 2007

Jemfest Australia ... feeding my audio addiction

Saturday (21st April) I was enticed back to the airport again and onto another plane to Melbourne. (for all those who suffer an audio addiction such as myself, you will understand). Jemfest Australia was a night not to have been missed. Guitar heaven featuring a brilliant lineup of: Cory Jach Band, Cereal Killer, James Ryan, Jeremy Barnes and headlining from the USA, my favorite New Yorker, Rob Balducci.

Rob's CD, The Color Of Light will be on high rotation at my place over the coming weeks. It is emotive, sensual and beautiful. The melodic dreamscape evokes light and shade that takes you through the rise and fall, a tumultuous affair, a life lost and found, hope, fear, love, adoration... close your eyes, breathe deep, exhale and imagine. (If you wanted a technical review ... wrong site!)

Simon, you organized an awesome gig. I felt like I was 17 again!!!

If you missed this one check out the artists at their websites or visit the forum topic here where I’m sure they can tell you where you can still buy the t-shirt and make a contribution to Steve Vai's Make a Noise Foundation.

No comments: